Ecommerce personality of the year
After several rounds of selection, judged by a professional jury*, three finalists will make it to the shortlist.
After the final debate and a final round of public voting during the SafeShops Awards ceremony, someone new will succeed Cis Scherpereel and be named e-commerce personality of the year.
Web Celeb 2021
After a final round of public voting during the presentation of the SafeShops Award, Cis Scherpereel was proclaimed e-commerce personality of the year. The Web Celeb Award was presented by Ilse Michiels of bol.com, partner of the Web Celeb Award.
Cis Scherpereel: “I feel this is a heartwarming appreciation for sharing and connecting knowledge on e-commerce. A role that gives me a lot of energy myself, by the way. I am glad that I can continue to do this with even more passion than before for entrepreneurs with ambition.
How does it work?
The Web Celeb will be elected on Thursday, October 6th 2022 in UGC Mechelen, along with the SafeShops Awards.
Anyone can submit a candidacy to become Web Celeb 2021. Just check out if you fit the description:
- You are Dutch and/or French speaking
- E-commerce is in your blood, you have been active in the e-commerce sector for at least 5 years with your webshop, as a supplier or in another capacity within the sector
- You have the Belgian nationality
- You are active on the Belgian market or you have an activity with an impact in Belgium / on the Belgian market
- You are present at the SafeShops Awards virtual day on June 3rd and on the Award ceremony on Thursday, October 7th 2021.
- You are willing to commit to the sector
- You possess a generous dose of charisma and have a beautiful or promising e-commerce pathway.
The jury is composed of representatives from various stakeholder groups within e-commerce